Airport Utility Won't Accept Wifi Password?

Reaction score
First let me admit that i'm no tech expert!! :Blushing:

I was able to set up the wifi on all of our computers & laptops and one of our iPads when I hooked up our new Airport Utility Extreme.

Now...when I try to get our Apple TV going, it won't recognize the wifi password. I'm 100% sure it's the correct password. Same deal when I try to set up the wifi on our iPad mini.

It can find our wireless name...but it won't accept the password.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
if you open airport utility, click on your airport extreme device, then click the small edit tab that appears. Then on the top bar menu click base station and it'll give you the option to show passwords.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What type of encryption are you using on the new Airport Extreme?

OP
B
Reaction score
nickyr...that seemed to do the trick!

The password for my aiport extreme device was the password that I was to enter on my Apple TV. Not my wifi password.

See! I'm tech clueless ;)

Thanks again...i'm up and running!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.