Gmail Activesync

Reaction score
Hi
With the news that google has now disabled this for new devices I was wondering if this includes new devices that are set up from an iCloud back up of previous one.

I am awaiting delivery of my new IPad 4 and will be setting up from my IPad 2 back up and was wondering if anyone else has done similar since the change with google and if they have been able to continue to get push email through Activesync.

I can obviously use the Gmail App if it doesn't but was just curious to know.

Thanks

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Google extended the deadline to July sometime so you won't have a problem. However, why not migrate to a more "neutral" process like IMAP?

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks
I didn't realise the time had been extended. The january cut off was widely publicised but have heard nothing up till now re July. I can certainly go with IMAP but kind of like my mail pushed. Anyway not an issue now thanks to your info. I appreciate your response.

OP
J
Reaction score
Hi
Just had a look and can only find articles re this being extended for Microsoft windows phones. Is there a link you can post re iOS

cheers
Jaritch

OP
J
Reaction score
Quick update. Got new IPad today and set up as a new device (wouldn't let me set up from back up at the setting up process as new iPad was running 6.0.1 and my back up was 6.1.) To be honest worked out better as I tidied up what I downloaded again re apps. Anyway set up my gmail account as exchange and it is pushing mail ok. So looks like the July deadline is the same for IOS.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.