Can't upload to my website.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro. 2.3Ghz Intel Core i7 running OSX 10.14.6, 16GB Ram
Hi all,
I have a small website that i use to show some images of my work, and as a holding page for my domain.

I have a very simple code on there that shows a thumbnail on the index page, then links to a full size image on a second page.

However, whenever I try to change the images I have issue and this time, i've been frozen out of my page with an error 403 denied access to /index.html

All i did was change the images in the images folder, and then adjust the script so the source coding has the new image name in it and not the old one.
When I first did it, the page loaded but with a broken image icon rather than the pic.
I reverted back to the original images that were up and visible and now I get the error.

I can see it all locally on a web browser but not on the web.

I've checke with my web host and all is fine, i'm paid up and there is no maintenance.

Any ideas?

I've just upgraded to Mountain Lion and the newest vers of Cyberduck.

OP
Simbad54
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro. 2.3Ghz Intel Core i7 running OSX 10.14.6, 16GB Ram
To answer my own problem, I finally discovered that the files that I was uploading to my website didn't have the right permissions. I never knew that I had to set the permissions on those files from within my ftp client.

That fixed it all, so hope that might help someone else one day.

I had hundreds of views of this thread but no-one posted.
I wonder why.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.