Macbook screen has yellow tinge

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 Black Macbook with Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4 ghz, 6GB ram, Crucial V4 256GB SSD
I have a Early 2008 Black 2.4 ghz Macbook that is producing a yellow tinge evenly across the entire screen. I have hooked up HDMI displays and the difference is noticably whiter on the external display. I have already replaced the inverter (whether that was a valid replacement is beyond me). My next target for replacement would be the inverter cable, unless someone has seen this issue before. I'd appreciate some insight on this issue.
Thank you, Matt.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Various Mac's
My suspicion would be the LCD failing, but hard to prove 100% without substitution. The inverter cable or inverter wouldn't cause this fault. The LCD flex cable is another possibility, but I find them very reliable.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 Black Macbook with Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4 ghz, 6GB ram, Crucial V4 256GB SSD
I was worried someone would say that. Well, at least if my inverter fails. I'll have a backup.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.