Run WIndows 7 on MacBook Pro Early 2008

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro early 2008, Core 2 Duo 2.54 ghz, 2GB RAM, Mountain Lion OS
I have a MacBook Pro. I have been using on my mac for four years. But I have a delicate problem in running windows. Since the MAc OS came in two kernels (i.e. both 32 and 64 bit, from Snow Leopard on) I found that Windows doesn't work properly on the new MAc OS unless I have it start in the 32-bit mode. I made this change and then installed Windows 7 successfully. It was also unsuccessful on Mountain Lion, which comes only in 64-bit mode. I would highly aprpeciate it if you let me know you experience or the reason for this or any solution. I shuold note that I have always tried to install a 64-bit Windwos 7.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
Thats really weird, are you doing this in bootcamp or using a virtual program like parallels? Im using Mountain Lion and have a 32bit Windows 7 installed under parallels, its worked fine with 64bit editions as well, never had any problems like what you are describing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.