Mac Pro Won't Turn On

Reaction score
Okay, so I've scoured the forums and can't find an answer.

Months ago, my mac pro would boot and an error screen would come up. A big grey screen with a giant power button logo and tons of languages saying there was an error.
So, we backed it up onto a new Mac Pro. However, when we left it on, it would start roaring like a jet engine, even though it wasn't processing anything.

Now, when I try to plug it in, the little indicator light on the power button comes on before I even push the button. Then I push the power button and nothing happens. It won't turn on.

I just want to re-format it and use it as a desktop again. It's already backed up, so I'm okay with starting over. What can I do? I've taken the shell off and nothing is unseated, everything seems to be working and plugged in...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm by no means an expert on the Mac Pro, but I would certainly start by checking the power supply. You can get a good visual and step by step removal instructions by going to iFixit: The free repair manual.

Several of our members are owners or past owners of the Mac Pro and should be able to give some better advice. Stick around for more replies.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Agree sure sounds like a power supply. Last one I had replaced, a model 2.1, was about AUD$400.00.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.