MS Access through Parallels

Reaction score
Greetings forum!

I have a Microsoft Access XP Runtime Application running on hundreds of Windows clients very successfully for years. I have recently for the first time installed it on an office with 4 MACs with all the most current MAC OS's and Parallels. Windows 7 is in the Parallels window. My ms app is having a serious problem. About once a week, the Primary Key (main index) of my parent table is "removing itself" and deleting the cascading relationships to the child tables.

I have never seen this before. I am in dire need of assistance with this issue if anyone can help. Since I am new to the Mac world, if there is additional info you need to help me with this, ask away.

Thank you so much.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
This is not something that Mac folks are really going to be able to help you with since Access is strictly Windows only. When Parallels is running and Windows 7 is the guest OS in a VM, Parallels has complete control. Suggest either asking this same question in the Parallels forum or possibly in a MS Access forum.

You didn't mention which version of Parallels is installed, but the latest is 8.X.

LINK to Parallels user forums.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
In addition to what chscag said, MS Access is running on Windows which doesn't know it's running within a VM technically. So this should be no different than running Windows natively on the Mac and MS Access with that..

Previously were you running Windows 7 or XP or something else? Also is this the same version of Access and all that?

Nothing on the Mac side would/should affect how Access deals with its internals (which is the database)..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.