Facebook blocked my account

Reaction score
Hi guys

Still getting used to my Macbook Pro as Facebook temporarily close my account. It says that I may have a virus or malware on my computer. Therefore it tells me to "run anti-virus software to remove these harmful programs and keep your information secure" by getting a some software for Apple to which they link. Or should link. I only get redirected to "http://www.apple.com/support/" instead
of being linked to an actual downloadable software.

Do anyone know what to do to get rid of this potentially threat?

Extra:
In July 2012 MacWorld wrote an article about Facebook offering McAfee Scan and repair Unfortunately Facebook don't link to that.
Facebook launches increased security for users - Macworld Australia

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Can you take a screen capture of the message you are getting. Hit CMD+SHIFT+4 and then Space and your cursor will turn into a camera, now click on your Browser window and the screenshot will be saved to the desktop.

I'm not sure why Facebook is freaking out because OS X isn't prone to the kinds of malware that are prevalent on Windows and tend to wreak havoc..

Have you tried different browsers to see if the behavior is the same?

OP
L
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick respond!

I can't even give you that since it suddenly allowed me to proceed. hmm.. Is there something I should do?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Which browser are you using? And have you tried visiting Facebook with other browsers? Do you get the same message and redirect?

OP
L
Reaction score
I'm using Safari and just tried with Firefox. But nothing happened. Just regular auto-login

M

MacInWin

Sounds more like a popup ad than something Fecebook would do. No viruses for Macs anyway, so if you are getting through to Facebook now I'd say don't worry about it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.