SERVER URL HELP on MAC

Reaction score
Hello!

I am trying to locate the server URL on my mac. I tried to contact my internet service provider and they were not able to help me. I tried to look in proxies but I could not find anything as my computer receives internet through WIFI from my router. I'm not sure if that is useful or not. Please help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
I am trying to locate the server URL on my mac

Not enough info - what server? Is there some program you've installed that is supposed to be a server? Or are you just trying to connect to your Mac from another Mac in your local network? Or ...?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
You can access your mac with "http://localhost" while you are running on it. No other URL is needed locally. If, on the other hand, you are talking about accessing your Mac through a URL from the outside, then you'll need either get a static IP address from your ISP and then register a domain name and point to that IP or more commonly get a DynDNS domain name and point it to the public DHCP address that your ISP is giving you.

Then, on your router at home you would forward port 80 to your local machine's IP address and port 80 and have a web server running..

What are you trying to attempt to do?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.