One Free iPhone

Reaction score
I was told that Apple has an unwritten policy where they will give their customers one free I-phone replacement if their current one breaks for any reason including owner neglegence. Is this true and if so, how do you go about getting Apple to do this for you?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Welcome to Mac-Forums

There is no such policy..replacement of defective iPhones are at the discretion of the stores..you can, however, purchase accidental insurance to cover things that you might do to break the phone and then go through the claims process to get it fixed or replaced..

Short of that, if the iPhone breaks due to owner negligence, you're out of luck..

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I was told that Apple has an unwritten policy where they will give their customers one free I-phone replacement if their current one breaks for any reason including owner neglegence. Is this true and if so, how do you go about getting Apple to do this for you?

You were told incorrect information. When you purchase a new iPhone or iPad from Apple you can likewise purchase what is called Apple Care + for $99.00. It covers two incidents of accidental damage but there is a deductible of $49 which must be paid before Apple will replace the iPhone or iPad. The replacement will be a refurbished unit, not a new one out of the box.

Reaction score
Apple would definitely be out of business if they replaced every one's iPhone due to owner negligence. I wish they would do that though!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.