just got a mid 2007 macbook

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
i have been out of town, but they did replace the top case for free as well as the magsafe adapter since there was a quality control program on those as well.

Awesome! Did they look at you "funny" at all...since this repair program may have ended a while ago. Or did they look at it...and said "No Problem...we'll take care of it!"

Thanks for posting the outcome!:)

- Nick

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
g4 ibook 1.2/512 leopard, 2007 MacBook 2.0 c2d lion, 20" imac 1.8 cd , 2010 mac mini
they did say that the program ended a while ago, but that they are doing it as a case by case basis, however i am wondering if being personal friends of the manager had anything to do with it????

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
g4 ibook 1.2/512 leopard, 2007 MacBook 2.0 c2d lion, 20" imac 1.8 cd , 2010 mac mini
Nick,

on a different note, is that your puppy? he is awesome looking. what kind is he, i have a doberman that i rescued.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
they did say that the program ended a while ago, but that they are doing it as a case by case basis, however i am wondering if being personal friends of the manager had anything to do with it????

Thanks for the info...I sort of thought that this repair program had officially ended. The reason why I was asking was...I have a 2008 MacBook with a very small amount of the cracking/chipping issues...and I was thinking about taking it in for repair/replacement. But I didn't want to do it...if they were going to give me a hard time...or if they are now charging people $$$ for the replacement.

I did read on the internet...that Apple was refusing to do this replacement for some folks...based on the fact that the repair program has expired.

Thanks again for the info,

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nick,

on a different note, is that your puppy? he is awesome looking. what kind is he, i have a doberman that i rescued.

Newfoundland.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.