Bootcamp- Stuck in Windows

Reaction score
Hi, I just got a new MacBook Pro, not very proficient with Apple or computer products in general but I tried partitioning.
So I partitioned 249 GB for Windows, bought the Windows 7 Home Premium, installed it, and everything worked fine except there was no internet connection when I started.
Every time I try to search for something, I get the message, "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage." I tried troubleshooting but nothing helped.
I had fine internet connection. I troubleshooted to the best of my ability, finding that I needed to download "A driver for your network adapter." I'm kind of looking for help on where I would get that, is it a CD or something online? Wouldn't help since I'm offline...
And then I found another problem. I can't get back into the Mac part. I tried deleting the partition, but I'm not entirely sure how since I'm in Windows...
Any help is appreciated. :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I can tell you didn't read the "Boot Camp Instructions" that were provided on your Mac. When you ran Boot Camp, you were told to download a driver image from Apple to either burn to a disk or place on a USB flash drive. That driver image was to be installed in Windows after the installation of Windows 7 was completed. That's why you're missing a driver to access the internet and possibly other things....

To get back into OS X, all you need to do is reboot the machine from Windows and hold down the "option" key on your MBP. You'll be given a choice of booting to OS X or Windows.

You stated you tried to delete the Windows partition? What exactly did you do so we can help you to recover?

OP
K
Reaction score
To get back into OS X, all you need to do is reboot the machine from Windows and hold down the "option" key on your MBP. You'll be given a choice of booting to OS X or Windows.

You stated you tried to delete the Windows partition? What exactly did you do so we can help you to recover?

This part really helped. I got to delete the partition from OS X.

Also, I tried to find an ISO image from the internet, but none of the images would work.

I figured out the rest!

Thanks again for helping!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
MBP = MacBook Pro

Not knowing exactly what you did (deleting everything in Control Panel makes no sense), the best way to reboot is to shut the machine down using the power button. Hold the power button down for 5 seconds. The machine will power off.

Restart the machine and hold down the option key as soon as you hear the system startup sound (Bong!). Select your MacIntosh HD to startup from. Once back in OS X, go to System Preferences, Startup Disk, and choose your MacIntosh HD to start from. Then get back to us and explain exactly what you did to Windows so we can help you to recover.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.