Stick with Microsoft Office?

Reaction score
PC and MAC versions are not the same!!!!!!!

Migrating from Windows 7 to a Mac Mini. I have MS Office on my Windows PC and have many Word and Excell documents to copy over. Should I continue with MS Office or get something like iWork? I know that I can convert documents and spreadsheets in iWork to a reasonably compatible Office format, but i'm thinking more from a practical and performance point of view.

I'm sure you will want to get MS Office for your MAC. I did when I changed from PC to MAC about 18 mos ago. BUT I am finding out MAC Excel and Word are not as easy to use as their PC counterparts. I am taking an advance Excel class that uses PC Excel 2007 and there are some features in it that are missing on my MAC Office 2011.

I can guarantee you will get very frustrated at times, I have and still do.

That being said it is smooth opening and working across platforms with both versions of Office. It's not ideal but the best we got.

I don't understand why Microsoft can't use the same software across platforms with minor behind the scenes adjustments. Both are now Intel products and it would stop a lot of the *****ing about their MAC products.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 Mac Mini with 16GB RAM
^ Yep, I bit the bullet and installed Office for Mac. I just had too many Word and Excel files and didn't want any compatibility issues. Plus, I got Outlook as well, which I also used in Windows,

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.