Logitech G600 Mouse

Reaction score
I recently bought a Logitech g600 mouse. The keys on the side of the mouse work. But, they do not reconize the shift or the alt key. My meaning is that when I push the "2" button along with shift I don't get "@" I simply get "2". I have tried three different programs. Two of them are designed to map out mouse buttons. The third is called 'crossover mac'. And, installing the drivers only got me an error message when trying to run them. Any other suggestions? I know of Bootcamp, but I don't have a windows cd... Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The Logitech G600 is for Windows only. There are no drivers for OS X, which means if you're not using it from a Boot Camp dual boot with Windows, it's not going to work right. It likewise probably will not work correctly from a virtual machine (Parallels, Fusion, etc) since the VM only supplies generic drivers for the mouse.

OP
M
Reaction score
Could I download Windows from the internet and then run bootcamp. Or do I need an CD with Windows on it?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Windows is not free... and can not be downloaded from the net except if you buy it direct from the Microsoft store. Then it can be downloaded and burned to a disk. And yes, you need a Windows CD or DVD that's bootable.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.