Best web dev tool for apache/php/mySql

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I come from a MS development background, but our office is on Macs. I'd like to develop an intranet type site, which initially just needs one function - to give a searchable list of links to documents on a local server logical drive.

Because of security safeguards, I can't build this in an externally hosted site. It would be easy for me to make it in my usual dev environment of IIS/ASP/SqlSvr/Expression Web if I could.

I'd like to implement this on the local web server with PHP and MySql as the back end. Permissions would allow users to access the docs (we tested.)

Here's my question (finally.) What would be the best wysiwyg dev tool to use on the Mac that would allow me to code directly n the pages? I'm sure Dreamweaver will do it, but they wont want to spend that much for one page (initially.) It is an important page, so they will pay something.

I looked at iWeb, but there doesn't seem to be any access to the code.

Thanks for your help!
Bill

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5ghz Intel Core i5 Ivy Bridge, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM, Intel HD Graphics 4000, 13inch Retina
For web editing without wanting to spend a money on a program such as dreamweaver just check out this: KompoZer - Easy web authoring

It is a free web editor that has lots of dreamweaver features and I really like using it.

Also if you need other tools for web editing (and photo editing), check this out: list

It's a list of 20 tools that are really great for web editing! And are free!

Also here is a list of alternatives to dreamweaver for free on the mac if you don't want to use kompozer: Web design on a budget. Six free alternatives to Dreamweaver. - Webdistortion : Webdistortion

If you need help developing the website feel free to send me a message!

Good Luck!
Ljbaumer

OP
B
Reaction score
Hi Ljbaumer

Thanks for the info! I'm sure I'll find what I need there.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.