How do I view a Print Preview of a document of picture I'm printing?

Reaction score
It's a silly question, but I honestly don't know and I actually searched the internet for an answer. I can only choose to "Print" a document of picture, and I can't see a "Print Preview" option.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How about some details? What program are you printing from that you're trying to view a print preview?

OP
M
Reaction score
Print preview for
1. A picture, such as a PNG or JPG (If I just select "Print" or use Command + P, the picture is blown up to the full paper size.)
2. A TextEdit document

Also, I have the most recent MBP with OS Mountain Lion. (I don't know if those details matter, but I'll include them anyways.)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you open the PNG or JPG with your Preview.app and then select "Print" from the menu, that will give you a print preview before sending it to the printer. Is that what you're referring to?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
the picture is blown up to the full paper size
If you're using Preview, it seems to default to fill the page when printing an image. There should be the option to scale the image in the Print Dialogue box.
Print_zps63681bcc.jpg

M

MacInWin

Also, you can click on the PDF button in the lower right corner and have an option of opening the PDF in Preview, where you can see exactly what the page will look like and be able to view it at any size you want to.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.