Unable to download dmg files

Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm new here and i need a bit of help. For some strange reason, i am unable to download a dmg file. It's just the dmg file for installing google drive. The page reloads every time, but never downloads the file. It happens with any browser i use. I have already reset Safari, disabled extensions, deleted the speed download booster plugin from the library, used hotspot shield to fake my ip, restarted my mac, but nothing seems to work.

Please help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Welcome to the forums.

Which version of OSX?
Can you download other DMGs?
Can you download other types of files?

OP
C
Reaction score
The OSX version is 10.8.2
I cannot download other DMG files either
Yes, i can download other type of files, such as .rar, .zip, .jpg, etc.

C

chas_m

I think the telltale issue there is "speed download."

If you didn't uninstall it according to the maker's directions, then you haven't in fact uninstalled it and it is still gumming up the works. Also, if you have ANY SORT of so-called (ha ha) "anti-virus" on, disable and properly uninstall that as well (and forget you ever installed it).

OP
C
Reaction score
Thank you for trying to help me, but it didn't work. I ran the uninstaller and it did move some files to the trash, but after emptying it and restarting the computer, i still have the same issue.

Pages only reloads, but nothing is downloaded.

Any other suggestions please please please?

Thank you,

OP
C
Reaction score
Well, an example of this is when Apple released Messages as a Beta, i wasn't able to download it, until i faked my IP and it downloaded right away.
Hotspot shield you click connect and disconnect, it doesn't do it automatically when you start the computer, or at least that's how it works for me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.