Macbook startup problems

Reaction score
Hi all,
As I found nothing identical following a Forum search, I am starting this new post.

I have a Macbook Core 2 Duo which - whilst sleeping - slipped flatly onto a carpeted floor perhaps 3 years ago.

No damage was done to the exterior in any way but the Macbook refused to wake up. No Whirring, no tone, no screen, nothing! Just a pulsing white light on the front panel.
As this was not my first time with Mac hardware troubles, I put it away and have used Linux ever since.

Anyway, whilst tidying the house today I pulled it out to see if it could be sold for parts and thought I would try an SMC and PRAM reset.. but nothing happened...

Until... I pulled the battery and BINGO!!! It started whirring and made the startup tone.

Perhaps foolishly I quickly turned it off to reconnect the battery, and then it refused to start again.
Anyway, after pulling the battery (nothing) and reinstalling the battery it started up again..
I did a quick PRAM restart and we then got as far as the rotating wheel thing before it froze.
Since then it has been dead.. (just a constant white light on the front).

I have 2 Macbooks so I switched/tested the battery, HD and RAM sticks.. all good.

Also pulled the keyboard and powered on from the Logic Board.. same, same.

Everything is backed up and for me the next step (when I have time) is to completely dismantle and reassemble the entire Macbook, as I´m not convinced that something hasn´t just come loose.

The question is what would cause this erratic behaviour?

Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.