Slide show software

Reaction score
I'm looking for slide show software that will output high quality professional photos. iMovie is easy but the photo quality through iDVD is horrible!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
iPhoto has slideshow .

OP
K
Reaction score
I have used iDVD many times, but the photo quality is not great for professional photography output. Any high quality ideas? I have tried Final Cut Pro, but even that quality isn't the greatest.

C

chas_m

Can you explain why you need this on a DVD?

DVDs are, by definition, limited to 640x720 @ 72"dpi" (they don't really have dpi but nevermind). So naturally photos don't look that great on them, particularly when they've been squished down to that. I've had much better luck with DVDs by PRE-preparing the photos to be that size ahead of time in something like Pixelmator or Photoshop.

If you NEED the photos to be as high-res as when they were shot, then you need to go with digital distribution (ie iPhoto, Aperture, Keynote, iMovies in HD formats, etc).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.