Word for Mac 2011

Reaction score
Using Windows and Word, every time i saved work, it always appeared with one page under the next just like a book. In other words, you only saw the top page and no other page. Now, with my work transferred to imac, everything i save is always presented next to each other and not under as before. With my large screen, that means four pages across. It doesn't matter which option i try; Draft, Print, Web, etc, it is not possible for me to save as before. Since i want to upload a manuscript as an e-Book, i am deeply concerned that it will not be presented as i wish. I would appreciate any advice as i have not been able to work it out and i am someone who has been around using Word since W95!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Set your zoom or view level higher. I don't know what it's set at right now but you've likely got it set below 100% which is why it's showing multiple pages on screen rather than one. I keep my large screen set to zoom 125% when I use Word or Powerpoint. Anything lower than 100% will show more than one page.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks very much. That solved the problem. It was the last thing i would have thought of since i now have such a large screen (27inch) The only annoying thing is that i have to set the zoom every time to 204%. Is there any way of saving this setting?

OP
M
Reaction score
Sorry about that. I know what you have to do. You simply save the setting, but i did this and it took a few times to actually work as it kept running through various manuscripts which needed to be changed and saved separately. Anyway, thanks. You were a great help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.