JBL Wireless Speakers: How to turn on automatically

Reaction score
Hello,

My question relates to JBL Wireless speakers.

For those of you who don't know, there are a number of companies out there selling wireless speakers that connect to your computer's audio system through Bluetooth. One of these is JBL.

The problem is, when I want to turn on the connection between the wireless speakers and my Macbook, I must, each time, go to Systems Preferences --> Sound and click on the JBL Micro Wireless item.

This task is small but tedious when required every time I use my speakers.

Is any one familiar with some way to avoid this tedious and repetitive process and to turn on the wireless speakers with the click of a button, or automatically?

Thank you for reading and do have a wonderful day,

SP001

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Hello,

My question relates to JBL Wireless speakers.

For those of you who don't know, there are a number of companies out there selling wireless speakers that connect to your computer's audio system through Bluetooth. One of these is JBL.

The problem is, when I want to turn on the connection between the wireless speakers and my Macbook, I must, each time, go to Systems Preferences --> Sound and click on the JBL Micro Wireless item.

This task is small but tedious when required every time I use my speakers.

Is any one familiar with some way to avoid this tedious and repetitive process and to turn on the wireless speakers with the click of a button, or automatically?

Thank you for reading and do have a wonderful day,

SP001

Hello and welcome,

I'm not sure that you can do this automatically but if you hold the alt key down whilst clicking the speaker icon in the menu bar are you given the speakers as an option to choose in the Output drop down list along with 'Internal Speakers' etc ?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.