M-Audio Fast Track issues with Garage Band 11

Reaction score
So a friend of mine asked me to help him setup his M-Audio Fast Track that seemed to be having some issues on Garage Band 11.
I tried this with no luck: Digital Media Lab at Skokie Public Library » Blog Archive » How To Prepare M-Audio Fast Track For GarageBand

I can't get anything on MONO2, but it seems to be recording the metronome even when it's off (no audible audio at all though). Monitor is ON, still no go.

Someone suggested that we should uninstall/reinstall Garage Band and see if it works, but that sounds too much like a Windows solution. Plus that Garage Band came bundled with my friend's 2012 Macbook Pro and he tossed the box and manuals so I'm afraid that if we uninstall it he would have to buy it again.

He later installed ProTools and it seems to be working just fine though, so I'm thinking it can't be a hardware-related issue.
Any ideas?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.