Which one is better?

S

Slinky

Which program do u guys think is better and which program should be use to do wat. The Adobe Illustrator CS 2 and the Macromedia FreeHand MX. Thanks! :headphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" i7 Unibody, HK Speakers and a Wacom A5 Wide tablet
Definitely Adobe Ilustrator CS2. Even though Freehand is still very good you will find more things like plug ins for Illustrator and the excellent Live Trace feature. Also as Adobe now owns Macromedia so I think they'll be phasing out Freehand in place of Illustrator, so support for the program will be better with Adobe Illustrator CS2. Hope this clears up a few things.

OP
S

Slinky

Oh.. thats great.. I'll stick to my Illustrator. I'm pretty new to illustrator as most of the time i'm juz using photoshop.. There's alot to learn.. haha :teen:

OP
M

MadRhino23

I preferr Adobe Illustrator over Freehand.... Unless, I am developing a large project in FLASH, then I might use both apps.

Since Adobe acquired Macromedia, I wonder what the future holds for Freehand? Anyone?

OP
S

Slinky

I guess most prolly they might stop developing Freehand.. or.. They might juz merge freehand and illustrator to come up with another product to replace this 2 programs. Possible?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz iMac Core 2 Duo, 1.5Ghz Powerbook G4
I started learning Freehand first, then Illustrator. To begin with Illustrator is better handling text while Freehand is better when using the pen tool.

That was a few years ago and with practice they're about the same. Freehand does handle gradients a lot better than Illustrator, plus you can easily import to flash for animating. Hopefully now that Adobe owns Freehand and Flash this will be incorporated into Illustrator better

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.