Apple Tv doesn't recognise Itunes library on new mac

Reaction score
I've had apple tv running happily with my windows Pc for a year now. I recently bought a mac and although I can airplay mirror fine. If I try to find itunes library FROM apple TV I always get the message 'cannot connect to itunes library. I tried yesterday again to my old windows PC and it picked it up fine from there.
I have the same issue when trying to point it to pictures to play as screen saver.
It's on the same WIFI network, the itunes file is in the Music folder so am stumped as to why.
Any advice please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
HI,
Have you got 'Home Sharing' turned on in iTunes prefs on your Mac ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok,
Sometimes a workaround can be to close off iTunes and relaunch it but to be honest that's not what you want long term.I think it's related to the PC and your ATV being synced with that machine's library and not your Mac's.You also need to have photos 'sharing' turned on in iPhoto.

Go into the ATV settings and do a 'Reset' from in there.You could also try a restart as well.

I also found this link for some more detailed help Troubleshooting Home Sharing

If all else fails you can do a full factory restore by plugging the unit into your Mac with a mini-usb cable (ATV2 and 3) and doing it through iTunes and reconfiguring your ATV to work with your Mac on the network. You'll need your passwords etc.:) Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation): Restoring your Apple TV

OP
K
Reaction score
It's solved. I updated ATV and it them recognised the library. Such a simple thing though after stressing for days!
Thanks for all your advice, appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Great news and thanks for reporting back. I love Apple TV !!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Apple just released 5.2 a couple of days ago along with an update on the Remote App toaday.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.