New battery, new charger, but battery not charging?

Reaction score
I bought a new oem Battery, and a second charger, for my mid 2010 MBP, but the battery is not charging. The battery came with a %44 charge, and is not going any higher.
Why did my Macbook pro stop charging the battery?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
I bought a new oem Battery, and a second charger, for my mid 2010 MBP, but the battery is not charging. The battery came with a %44 charge, and is not going any higher.
Why did my Macbook pro stop charging the battery?

Hi,
Did you run the MBP on battery yet at all or did you plug the charger straight in from the new install ?

OP
C
Reaction score
Yes it runs off the battery just fine.
The battery icon in the upper right shows a half bar when unplugged, and has the plug symbol (solid/not moving) in it when plugged in.
Is there a reset of some sort?

Reaction score
So what mbp do you have a 15 or a 13 inch?
Also if its a 15 inch did you purchase the 85 watt charger or the 65 watt? The 65 watt chargers or intended for the 13 inch models they will run a 15 inch but I have seen cases where when they are used they wont fully charge the battery . In the system information does it say that its charging?

OP
C
Reaction score
So what mbp do you have a 15 or a 13 inch?
Also if its a 15 inch did you purchase the 85 watt charger or the 65 watt? The 65 watt chargers or intended for the 13 inch models they will run a 15 inch but I have seen cases where when they are used they wont fully charge the battery . In the system information does it say that its charging?

13" model. Both chargers are 60 w magsafe chargers. The computer runs on ether charger, and the battery is not drawing down then.
I know as soon as this new battery is dead, the computer will stop working on the charger again.
The new battery started with 44% when I bought it, and is now down to %35. I have been leaving the computer plugged in so that I can at least use it till I figure out what the trouble is.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.