Time Machine Issue

Reaction score
I have two MyBook WD hard drives. One I connect with an ethernet cord, and the other through my home wireless network router and is my chosen place of backup for my Time Machine. I have three Mac Book laptops which have all been backed up on both hard drives multiple times. I need to clear space on all three Mac Books so that I can continue working with them. However, I cannot seem to find my photos on the hard drive backed using Time Machine. I don't want to delete any photos on my laptops until I know that I can recover them from my wireless hard drive through Time Machine.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Are you using iPhoto to store your photos. If so, the solution is to restore the iPhoto library files from the Time Machine backup.

The procedure varies a bit depending upon which version of iPhoto and OS version. Here are the current directions for the current version of iPhoto and Lion/Mountain Lion.. If you are using something else let us know what so we can give better directions.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.