Mac Book Pro Power Pads

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Here is my issue: I have a MacBook Pro A1278 yr. 2010. My power button is currently not working. There had been a couple drops of water on it before i wiped it off. On the power button alone. After the machine powered down completely i have not been able to turn it back on with the power button. Now i have done tons of research on how to bypass the button and still turn on your laptop. According to the other posts i can use the power pads on the logic board to power it back on. If it works, that will eliminate the possibility of a bad logic board and i will have to just replace the top case. My only problem is i cannot for the life of me find the power pads on my model of the MacBook Pro. All the other videos/pictures i have seen are all older models and do not resemble my logic board. Can anyone assist me in finding the power pads on my model. If you need a picture let me know. Thank You!

OP
G
Reaction score
Yes i have and there is nothing i can find indicating where my power pads are. And if there was the photos are gone now.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Try Googling but be specific as you can. We've have had several posts that I can remember with the same problem as you. I remember at least one of them with a photo that showed points on the logic board to short out in order to start the machine.

You might also get on the Apple Support Community Forums and ask there. They probably have the most traffic of any of the current Mac forums in existence.

OP
G
Reaction score
Again i have looked in and out of the internet for these. I need someone to point them out who already knows. I have spent hours looking for pics online so now i am relying on a forum.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.