Deleting MacBook Pro from Find iPhone Device list

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15.4 - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive; iPod 2nd/Classic; iPad 2 WiFi; iPhone 5s
*I apologize in advance if this wasn't the best place to post this, but I wasn't really sure.

I am trying to remove my old MacBook from the device list. After I select to erase it, I get the note that "Actions will apply when this Mac is plugged in and connected to the internet." Well, that won't happen because the laptop unfortunately was a victim of Pinot Grigio...LOL.

Does anyone know what I can do to get this removed?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
You are selecting to erase the data on the device - not remove the device from the list. That's why the action won't occur until it is plugged in and connected to the internet.

You need to click on a small circled X next to the device in the device list to remove it from the list - see here.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15.4 - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive; iPod 2nd/Classic; iPad 2 WiFi; iPhone 5s
You are selecting to erase the data on the device - not remove the device from the list. That's why the action won't occur until it is plugged in and connected to the internet.

You need to click on a small circled X next to the device in the device list to remove it from the list - see here.

I am trying to remove it via iPad, but this helped me. I did a left swipe and it allowed me to remove it. Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.