setting up Epson wireless print scan in Win7 Fusion 3.1.3

Reaction score
I bought a new Epson Workforce Pro 4530 all-in-one after my trusty canon died. I have figured out how to get it to print and scan wirelessly for the Mac (the wireless scan set up was no easy feat)
Now, how to replicate in the Windows side?
my setup:
MBP 2008, running snow leopard 10.6.8
Fusion 3.1.3 virtual machine,
Win7 home premium in 64 bit
After reading thru various forum threads, I changed the VM setting from NAT to bridged, and I installed bonjour in windows, but I dont know what to do next.
FYI, I just do what I"m told, I have no idea how these things actually work. I would appreciate a good reading citation to understand what exactly a virtual machine is so I can better figure this stuff out.
I need my windows "machine" to run like my Mac - print and scan wirelessly
Step-by-step help hugely appreciated!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The problem with setting up wireless in a virtual machine is that the VM (Fusion) provides the drivers not OS X nor Windows. You may have to use Boot Camp to create a partition and install Windows 7 that way. You would then be able to use Windows drivers direct for your Epson. You may have better luck with a later version of Fusion but I don't know that for sure.

EDIT: And please do not cross post. Keep your question to one thread in one forum. I've removed your cross post.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.