streaming youtube from mac to stereos?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have the following problem, I would like to stream music etc from you tube to my stereos where I have an airport express station connected but for some reason I do´t have this button to select where to play in youtube.

I know however 100% that this worked earlier with air tunes because then I was able to stream whatever sound from youtube and also from other music apps etc to my stereos.

At the moment the streaming works only from itunes.

Would be really great if somebody could help me with this because I would like to have this great feature back.

Thanks and regards,
Tom

OP
T
Reaction score
Hi Chas,

I have never used air foil, this worked with air tunes maybe because I had an old air port station from the time before airplay came.

Anyway I have now found out something else. Actually it should be so that mountain lion should have the possibility implemented to steam all audio and sounds directly from the mac to an air port device.

This should work so that you option click on the speaker symbol and then one should be able to select whatever air port device. When I do this, I can also see my air port express station but I am not able to select it for some reason.

The same happens when I open sound preferences, the station is there but cannot be selected.

please have a look here for details:
Stream All Mac System Audio Over AirPlay in OS X Mountain Lion

Regards,
Tom

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.