Exporting Photos from iPhoto

Reaction score
Prior to buying the MacBookPro I used to save all my photos on a Lacey hard drive in case the old PC crashed (old machine using Windows). I now want to copy all my photos currently on iPhoto to the Lacey hard drive just in case anything happens to the MacBookPro such as being stolen or damaged. I still want to be able to access them from the albums on MacBookPro.

Simple advice please.

Thanks,

GilboGB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad
Hi,

Go to your iPhoto Library folder then click copy now paste on to the EX drive. The library will be copied. But depending on the size of your iPhoto library and how many pictures you have this could take a long time.

Personally I hope you are using Time Machine if so then there is no problem as your iPhoto library is automatically backed up there every time it runs, which I would recommend you do daily as a minimum. My TM EX drive is continually connected unless I am out and about.;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.