ipad stuck restoring

Reaction score
I hadn't updated my iPad in a year or so and was on version 3 something. So we decided that we would sync to my laptop instead of my husbands so I can manage my own stuff.
I would get messages that said the software was corrupt in download. So I download without the update and then proceeded to sync. This turned into restoring altogether since I'm on a new laptop ( I assume).
So where I'm at now is "restoring" and it get's stuck. The iPad has an apple sign and below it a status bar half way through. The computer says it's still restoring and won't do anything else.
I called Apple and was willing to pay the $19 for help but then they put me on hold and after 35 minutes I hung up.
Any advice?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA 13
I had the same issue. I resolved it by resetting the iPad to factory settings, reinstalling iTunes and then applying the update. :( Hope this helps.

OP
E
Reaction score
Well I ended up disconnecting and trying again and with fingers crossed it worked, update and all.
Thank you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.