Mac OS X 10.6.8 randomly freezing on internet and wireless accessories

Reaction score
Lately, all of our laptops and mac minis with Snow Leopard 10.6.8 have been freezing while viewing things on the internet, or will not go to sites, e.g. the blue line that usually indicates a web page is loading just freezes halfway and locks up the computer. We also have shared printers connected via airport, every so often we can't print anything unless we completely restart the computers and even then sometimes it won't print. I have read discussions on all kinds of forums but no real answers. Is this just Apple's way of getting us to upgrade to their crappy Lion?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Lately, all of our laptops and mac minis with Snow Leopard 10.6.8 have been freezing while viewing things on the internet, or will not go to sites, e.g. the blue line that usually indicates a web page is loading just freezes halfway and locks up the computer. We also have shared printers connected via airport, every so often we can't print anything unless we completely restart the computers and even then sometimes it won't print. I have read discussions on all kinds of forums but no real answers. Is this just Apple's way of getting us to upgrade to their crappy Lion?

Hi,
Sounds like you have some wireless connectivity issues. I'd give your wireless router a reboot for starters, either do it via the device's pane or, pull the cord, leave it a few minutes and plug back in.

OP
R
Reaction score
Now I notice that it is isolated to only one computer out of the five in our office, and my laptop at home...thanks for the reply by the way!

Reaction score
This may be useful, even if it's much later. I've discovered this problem can be 'cured' by selecting 'ipv4' for both Ethernet and WiFi. Also, make sure your DNS addresses do NOT include your IP-address. I just use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 with the 'att' domain.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.