Erase Free Space Worked!

Reaction score
So I secure empty trashed a few albums of music, a few videos/movies and a few DMG's MONTHS ago, and ran Erase Free space on 7-pass not too long ago. I was curious to see how well this did the job, and downloaded some Photo recovery software with options of finding all that other stuff and ran it. 120 or so files came up, but when I tried to open them it said they were corrupt. So I guess this really worked eh? They were only music files and a few photos. What happened to the Movies, other music, photos, videos and apps? Did they Poof?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
First part - I'm surprised you found 'em. I would think they would all be vaporized.

OP
D
Reaction score
First part - I'm surprised you found 'em. I would think they would all be vaporized.

I was thinking the same thing, but maybe I threw them out and emptied them recently. Who knows. The other stuff is vaporized though, right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Based on my previous answer, you know you didn't get a reply from a professional Mac guru, right? ;)
But, yeah, I think so.

OP
D
Reaction score
Based on my previous answer, you know you didn't get a reply from a professional Mac guru, right? ;)
But, yeah, I think so.

HA! Hey man, a reply is a reply. :p
I'm just baffled. If it's not vaporized, then where could it be? The dark recesses of the Mac where no man dare tread? :Confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
The remnants or pointers to the files' previous locations might still be in RAM/memory cache or disk cache/sleepfile. Did you reboot between the delete and looking for them? Just a guess really. I have no clue.

OP
D
Reaction score
The remnants or pointers to the files' previous locations might still be in RAM/memory cache or disk cache/sleepfile. Did you reboot between the delete and looking for them? Just a guess really. I have no clue.

Are we talking the files I think are vaporized or the few files that remain, but are corrupt? I followed the 7 pass as it told me, when it was done, I rebooted. If that's what you're talking about.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.