Backing up my PC to Time Capsule.

Reaction score
I have installed 2TB Time Capsule, connected to Imac and Ibook and my pc laptop.
Backing up on Mac's works OK, I can see TC on my PC in my computer but not on PC in back up option. The only option visible is DVD drive.
I need help!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
To Windows the time capsule is just a networked hard drive.

You need to select a backup tool than can write to networked drives. Whether this tool is one built into windows or whether you need a third party tool again, depends on the version of windows you have.

It sounds like you're trying to use the old XP backup tool.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Backup to a network drive in Windows 7 is only available on Ultimate or Pro editions

So you'll need a third party backup tool

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks for the info mrplow, got myself a back up tool "Acronis True Image" and studying it.
Took the TC to my computer people in town to look at it. They try to partition it and reformat partition to DOS, but the Mac hasn't got the option for DOS or fat32 reformatting.
Looks like the only way it'll work is as you suggested.
Buying the TC in electronic store I was assured that it will work as a backup for Windows straight from the box!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Buying the TC in electronic store I was assured that it will work as a backup for Windows straight from the box!!!
It does, no need to mess with the format. The issue here isn't the TC but the Windows backup tool in your version of Windows.

I'd suggest copying a file to and from the TC from Windows to prove it, however, I'm not sure what state it's in now you've had 'computer people' look at it. Just for completeness OSX can read, write and format FAT32 disks.

I would factory reset the TC and start again.

OP
T
Reaction score
:Blushing:Luckily they did not fiddle with the TC so they would not void the warranty, they said to talk to apple techies or take it to Apple Store. So it's all good, got the TC back up and running, tomorrow I will attempt to use Acronis True Image back up tool and see how it goes?!
Thanks for your help mrplow

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.