HELP...lost family photos on "guest account"

Reaction score
This evening after being away celebrating our son's birthday we ACCIDENTLY loaded photos from our camera while using "guest account" on our new iMac.

The photos were erased from the phone and we started editing them on iPhoto -- then our son logged out of guest account and I cannot find any trace of the photos.

Is there ANYTHING we can do... his whole birthday and our family trip are lost.

Thank you!!!

C

chas_m

If it was truly the built-in "guest" account, then no -- those pictures are gone for good.

Your only hope I think is to try recovering them from the card you used, so obviously DO NOT USE THAT CARD AGAIN until you have used photo card recovery software such as Mac Photo Recovery to recover Images/Pictures/Memory Card ? Stellar or
Digital Picture & Video Recovery Software | Recover Pictures And Movies | Prosofteng

I haven't had the need for this sort of software so the two I named above are just examples. Others may come in and have suggestions for their favourite software for card recovery. If you haven't used the camera card since, there's quite a very good chance you can get those photos back.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The Stellar software suggested by chas_m works well. I have used it before (older version) and was able to recover. But as he pointed out, do not use that card or your photos will be gone for good.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.