Screen picture MacBook pro

Reaction score
I have just changed my MacBook for a MacBook Pro, I have tried to change the screen picture to one from iphoto as I have done many times on my old one.
Now every time I put a new pic in and restart, the pic defaults back to the original. It doesn't matter which pic I use be it one of theirs or my own.
Can anyone please help I hate the one that it defaults to.

Many thanks

Ricky

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac
what OS X version you use ?

System preferences > Desktops and screen saver > select the background picture,

OP
R
Reaction score
Gone through that procedure many times on my old MacBook no problem. now it defaults every time you log on

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13” i5 (2012) , iPhone5 16GB (white), iPhone4 8GB (white), iPad2 64GB 3G, Apple TV
Drag the picture to your desktop, rename it and drag it into the Picture folder using Finder.

Then select this renamed picture as your default background , and let me know if after a restart it still resets to the default picture or not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad
You can also create a new folder for all your desktop images, so when you go to SP > Desktop & Screen saver the folder is there. Just open it and select the image you want. That way nothing gets mixed or confused.;D

Here is an example of mine.

Screen Shot 2013-01-22 at 22.37.16.png

OP
R
Reaction score
HI thanks for help, the replies did not quite answer the problem but my grandson solved the problem by opening iphoto and the image I wanted then clicking the share button on the top toolbar, finally click the last option on the share button set desktop. This solved the problem

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.