Just a couple of questions

Reaction score
Hey all,

I just have a couple of questions.
The BlueTooth in the iPhone and MacBook Pro. Am I right in assuming that there isn't any way to transfer images via the BT method? If not, is there any use for pairing a MBP and iPhone 5 together, can anything actually be done?

Second off is in relation to MyDisk, does anyone have any experience with this? Im aware its probabily wise to take this up with the devs but thought whilst I'm here I'd ask anyway. I've updated to the latest version and I've had some issues with enabling the WiFi transfer feature. I used to be able to get myDisk to assign itself an IP address on the network, and then from this in the browser on the machine connected to the network connect directly to the MyDisk app and transfer files. Now when I try MyDisk gives the IP address http://null:5555. Any ideas?

Anyway, all help is appreciated.

Thanks
Chris

C

chas_m

I can't help you with MyDisk as I've never heard of it.

The BT in the iPhone is deliberately very limited. It's mostly for keyboards and headphones and not a lot else. I know of no way to transfer images using BT unless that's what Bump uses, and I don't think it does. I also don't know of any way to pair an iPhone and Mac together for any purpose.

OP
C
Reaction score
No worries on the MyDisk front.

As for the BT connection between the iPhone and MBP I did have a feeling that this would be the case, but thought id get some clarification.

Anyway, thanks alot chas_m, if I could +1 you I could :)

Chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.