Minor drop incident with my iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M3 iMac, 24 GB RAM, 10 core GPU
My iMac fell of off the coffee table. I managed to break a bit of the fall with my hand, but it did hit a space heater. When it did, the screen momentarily went blank, but the cord never came out of its back. Works fine so far, and there is no physical damage to the case.
So, is there any long term damage or any speculation as to why it conked out? I guess it's like a concussion when you briefly black out from a blow. Makes me want to buy Apple Care just in case.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Makes me want to buy Apple Care just in case.

Applecare does not cover accidents...only manufacturing defects. If this iMac developed a problem in the future due to this fall, if it was taken to Apple for repair, and they determined that the problem was due to a fall...then repairs would not be covered with Applecare.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid '09 13" MBP 2.53 C2D, 8Gb RAM, 250 Gb HD, SL and Win7
Solid state electronics can take a fair bit of abuse. Any damage would likely occur with the HDD. If, as you say, it is working fine so far, you should be okay.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
As Scott says, with electronics either they work or they don't and you seem to have got away lightly. Different kettle of fish if liquids of any form spilled, however. If there were to be any failures you should have experienced them by now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.