• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Oh no.... Diablo 2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
I had my Diablo II disc in my bag yesterday and this morning I took it out and found that some how it got cracked (from the centre hole out). Is there anyway I could get another set of discs from Blizzard (I doubt that) or is there another place where I could get a new set? Also would it be possible for some one with Diablo II to make a .dmg of the play disc and send it to me? Of course anything done must be legal.

--Thanks so much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
couldn't you copy it from another person or get it from bittorrent? you legaly purchased the game and you own it now. laws just prevent you with sharing it with other people who don't own it.

OP
Benjamindaines
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
macAttack said:
couldn't you copy it from another person or get it from bittorrent? you legaly purchased the game and you own it now. laws just prevent you with sharing it with other people who don't own it.
I don't really like BitTorrent and other P2P apps because they're corrupted files and things take so long to download with BT.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
it would take only like 4 or 5 hours, the games 2 gigs big

OP
Benjamindaines
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Some one told me that the price for Diablo II was 20$ now (I bought it was 50$ and thought it was still that much) so I just went out and bought another copy. I think that's a fair price to pay for my carelessness.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
macAttack said:

Actually, no. When you buy a game, you buy the license to use THAT game for your own personal use. Even if you own it, you aren't using your license, you're using the other persons'.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Benjamindaines said:
Some one told me that the price for Diablo II was 20$ now (I bought it was 50$ and thought it was still that much) so I just went out and bought another copy. I think that's a fair price to pay for my carelessness.

I would convert that copy to .dmg it saves time

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Graphite said:
I would convert that copy to .dmg it saves time

also if you were to crack the cd again you would have a backup .dmg file that you could always go back to.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.