Why do apps on my iPhone show up on my iPad?

Reaction score
Why do apps on my iPhone show up on my iPad? And how can I disable this? Thanks. :D

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
This happens because the iPad is capable of running apps created specifically for it and apps created for the iPhone. Basically you have several options for controlling this behavior:

1. With your iPad connected open iTunes and select the iPad. I don't remember which tab it is but there is one that shows all installed apps. If you don't want an app on the iPad check the box. The apps will be removed during the next sync.

2. Disable automatic synching of apps and manually determine which app you want to sync. I think this is on the same tab in iTunes.

3. Delete any unwanted apps while on the iPad. If I remember correctly those apps will not be replaced on the next sync,

I prefer the first method. I don't have to worry about manually adding apps to the sync list. If I find an app I don't want I merely deselect it before the next sync.

OP
U
Reaction score
Thanks. :D

I also found a setting on the iPad under - iTunes & Apps Stores> Automatic Downloads> Apps

I don't know if this will help but I've turned this setting off for apps.

Thanks for the response. :D

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
That should cut down on things as well. Otherwise, if I am not mistaken the problem will reappear whenever a new app is purchased.

OP
U
Reaction score
That's exactly the problem I was having. If this doesn't fix the issue I'll be sure to report back. Thanks again. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.