iPhone 4: lost new pictures during download to iPhoto

Reaction score
iphone 4 with fully up to date OS. I downloaded 70+ pictures to iPhoto. Got the message that all pix were downloaded. Chose option to remove them from phone. Disconnected iPhone. Picture are not in iPhoto, nor on phone.

How can I salvage them, please.

kb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Where have you looked in iPhoto ?

OP
K
Reaction score
iphone 4 with fully up to date OS. I downloaded 70+ pictures to iPhoto. Got the message that all pix were downloaded. Chose option to remove them from phone. Disconnected iPhone. Picture are not in iPhoto, nor on phone.

How can I salvage them, please.

kb

I have solved my own problem, so will give solution here for others. I found the pictures in:

HomeDir/Pictures/iPhone Library NEW

NB: you have to Ctrl-Clk on the Libary NEW to get it to show contents. THEN, you find the date of the pix you are seeking, and there they are. Then, copy them to desktop and reimport them to iPhoto, and give it time to create a new Event.

Then delete the pix from Desktop.

kb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
OK kb,

You might want to take a look at this link for future reference.

iPhoto '11: Import photos from iPhone or other mobile phone

What you could also do is make iPhoto open automatically when you connect your phone. The method is actually described in the link via another link but FYI go iPhoto>Prefs>General and choose "Connecting camera opens"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.