help with photoshop:flatten images

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
after I flatten my layers, is there a way to keep the background transparent?
I want to open the photoshop document in illustrator without having the white box around the image.

Reaction score
Try saving it as a Tiff? Or save it as a Photoshop file, Illustrator should open it, layers and all.

M

MadRhino23

Hide your background layer or delete it.... Merge visible layers.... then what I do if I did not start with a transparent file, is to copy and paste the merged layers into a new TRANSPARENT FILE.... then do a SAVE AS to tif, eps, or whatever.... if you want to save it as a web file or for flash.... I would sughgest png format.

OP
Maul
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
thanks for the help. I've seemed to of figured it out. what I did was>merge all visible layers(except for the background layer),>command and click on the layer to select all>flatten image>command j>deselect> and then delete the flatten layer. this gave me the transparent background I was looking for.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.