Stylus Alternatives

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA 13
I've been using the Bamboo for a while now, but I've found that it isn't quite as precise as I'd like for writing and drawing. Does anyone have experience with another stylus? What has your experience been like? Has anyone used the Adonit Jot Pro, or the Applydea Maglus?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
I have pretty much every Adonit Jot stylus that they make. I haven't tried the Bamboo - so I cannot give you a good comparison with that exact stylus. That being said - I do have several of the capacitive tip styluses - including
a New Trent combo pen.
Amazon.com: New Trent IMP62B (1 PC) Limir Stylus/Styli Touch Screen Cell phone Tablet Pen Champa Dual-Purpose with Micro-Knit Technology Capacitive Stylus + Fine Ball Pen for iPhone 5, 4s, 4, iPod touch iPad 2 Samsung Galaxy Motorola Xoom Blackberry
Small stylus - maybe too small for some people. Has a pen on the reverse side. I like the feel of the capacitive nib - seems stiffer than most other tips.

the Ten-One Pogo
Amazon.com: Ten One Design Pogo Sketch Stylus for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch (Silver): Cell Phones & Accessories
Small - nice size. Hardest capacitive tip that I've used. Takes some getting used to - not my favorite.

General Adonit comments
most accurate of the styluses that I have. Feels like a ballpoint pen. I worry about having a hard plastic disk - so I put a Zagg invisible shield on the front of all my devices when using these styluses.

I have the Adonit Jot bluetooth
Amazon.com: Adonit Jot Touch Bluetooth Pressure Sensitive Stylus for iPad 2 & iPad 3 - Red: Cell Phones & Accessories
Expensive. Can be used without bluetooth. You need apps that support the bluetooth as well.
Jot Ready Apps - Primed for Creating.
That being said - having some give in the tip helps with the feel. I believe there is a new Jot Pro that has the same spring but doesn't include bluetooth.
Amazon.com: Adonit Jot Pro Dampening Stylus Pen for iPad, iPhone, iPod, Kindle Fire and Other Touch Screen Tablets - Gun Metal: Electronics

The Adonit Jot Pro
Amazon.com: Adonit Jot Pro Stylus Pen for iPad, iPhone, iPod, Kindle Fire and Other Touch Screen Tablets First Edition - Red: Computers & Accessories
I have the older version. Still like this stylus. Simple. Has a strong magnet so it will stick to either magnetic side of your iPad.

And the Adonit Jot Flip
Amazon.com: Adonit Jot Flip Stylus Pen for iPad, iPhone, iPod, Kindle Fire and Other Touch Screen Tablets - Stainless Steel: Electronics
Wanted an all in one stylus for simplified carrying in my travel bag. Pen does tend to extend (come out of the holder) because of the pocket clip. No trouble with ink so far - but something to be aware of. LIke the pocket clip - but it would have been good if I could get a pocket clip and magnet.

Some I've seen - but have not used
Nomad Brush: Paintbrush Stylus | Paint Anywhere!
iFaraday.com
ifarady - seems to have a similar tip to the New Trent
PenGo Creative | Welcome

Final notes
I do a lot of Electronics drawings and note taking on Notetaker HD. So far Notetaker HD plus any of the Adonit is my favorite App/Stylus combo for drawing and notes. For straight drawing I like the Adonit and Paper by 53.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.