Wait for Haswell?

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm new to the forums here, and I'm ready to enter the world of Mac...but before I do so, I'd like to get some helpful insight.

I'm currently a Windows user, and while I've always been a fan in the distance of Apple hardware, design, devices, etc. I have preferred Windows OS just because it is what I'm used to. With the unveiling of Windows 8 (which I find ugly/unnecessary) I've decided that I want to give Mac a try with a MacBook Pro w/ Retina Display and run Bootcamp with Windows 7 for the software that doesn't support Mac.

My dilemma is that I have heard/seen the whispers that the new Intel Haswell chips will be arriving in March with new renditions of the MacBook Pro line follow not too long after. This is only a concern because I've also heard that this will make mobile type GPUs much more efficient/powerful, which makes a difference if I could squeeze some extra gaming potential out of it. What to do!?

Sorry for the wall of text >.<...thank you to those who endured it!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There's always another Apple refresh of something in waiting. However, what you stated does make sense if you're willing to wait on the newest MacBook Pro models to be released. Whether or not it will be in March or April is anyone's guess. And yes, I agree with you with regards to Windows 8. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.