ipod updater

H

heysidays

Hmmm
I am having a few problems and not sure what to do.
I run an imac G5, with tiger software.
Everytime i plug in my ipod mini a box appears saying that "a new ipod software version (1.4.1) is available for the ipod. Would you like to download it now?? I tick the ok box and it takes me to apple ipod updater homepage were i duly download the software. I have been following the on screen instructions regarding what to do to install the software but everytime i plug the ipod back in again the same dialog box appears that i have described above. I have an ipodupdater on my desktop with 91.1mb written below it and when you open this a new window opens with an icon that says ipod.mpkg. When this is doubled clicked you get the option to install the software to the harddrive. I go through all the motions of installing the version 2006-01-10 and the end dialog box says the software was installed successfully.

I haven't as yet been able to find an icon anywhere on my drive for ipod updater to run it and stop this annoying box appearing when i plug in my ipod. I have also transferred the dmg download into the application folder so there is now two icons in there one says ipodupdater 36kb being the size and the kind of file it is an alias. The other says ipodupdater2006-01-10.dmg size being 27.7mb and this kind of file is a disk image. When you double click the dmg file in applications you don't get a response from it.

I really don't know how to install this software to get it running. I have followed everything that the apple site says but have had no luck. It may just be me doing something wrong as i am a new mac user. I may not be putting an icon in the right place or something like that but any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
The iPod updater is dumped in your Utilities folder, inside your Applications folder. Go look for it and run it. All the annoying alerts will then go away.

OP
H

heysidays

Thanks very much. You would think the apple site would explain were the icon is to run the updater (novices).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Don't feel bad, it took me a while to figure out where it dumped it and then I only found it by accident.

Glad I was able to help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.