How to get rebuilt database for Entourage 2008 working?

Reaction score
Hi
My Entourage 2008 corrupted and I tried the Entourage rebuild, but this stopped on stage 4/5. So I bought the Stellar Phoenix software to repair and rebuild and this seems to have worked! Yay!!

Stellar Pheonix says to then open up Entourage to import the new file.

My problem is that Entourage won't open up. When I try to open Entourage up, it comes up with the message "Entourage cannot access your data. To attempt to fix the problem, rebuild your database."

Can anyone please help with this one?

Cheers,

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
As you are finding out, the only way to rebuild the Entourage data base is to remove Office 2008 and reinstall. Stellar Phoenix is good software for certain things and I have used it myself in Windows, however, in this case it's not going to work.

Completely remove Office and reinstall since you can not selectively remove Entourage by itself and reinstall. How to completely remove Office 2008: LINK

OP
M
Reaction score
HI,
Thanks for the post. I just want to check that if I remove Office 2008 and reinstall, will I lose all my email data that I'm trying to save?

I'm not sure what to do with the MUD folder that contains all my emails etc from more than 5 years? Does that get removed from my documents folder when I remove Office 2008?

Just a bit worried about it and don't want to do the wrong thing and lose years of business work...

Cheers and thanks,

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The removal and reinstall of Office does not remove your documents, personal templates and email. However, it's always a good idea to back them up before doing so - just in case.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.