Printer Slow After Snow Leopard Upgrade

Reaction score
I have a Canon BJC 2100 printer hooked up to a 2007 iMac, which worked fine until I upgraded to Snow Leopard. Now it prints at a snail's pace. It seems the Snow Leopard software adjusted the print for the sharpest type, which really slowed things down.

Does anyone know a way I can change the type quality to help speed printing the way it was before the upgrade?

Thanks!:)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you check with Canon to see if drivers were available for Snow Leopard?

OP
H
Reaction score
Did you check with Canon to see if drivers were available for Snow Leopard?

Yes. I did. No drivers are available or needed for Snow Leopard. I tried looking in iMac Utilities and also the printer setup page just before you print something. There is no submenu for adjusting printer type or printer speed. Looks like I may have to buy a new printer.
Snow Leopard is starting to look a lot more expensive than $20!:Not-Amused:

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Every printer is different.

ScreenShot2013-01-18at85627PM_zpsfe1c5dcd.png

ScreenShot2013-01-18at85544PM_zps00679f07.png

OP
H
Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah. Unfortunately the print info I get has nothing related to print settings.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
the print info I get has nothing related to print settings.

So when you print you don't get similar "media & quality" and "copies & pages" etc, menus in the pull-down (up and down arrows) menu area in the middle of the print dialog?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Have you tried deleting the printer and reinstalling it?

OP
H
Reaction score
I already tried deleting the printer and reinstating it without an improvement in printing speed, but:
I also found a solution to the problem: when you click on "print" in "file" and get the "print box" as shown in CrimsonRequiem's post, I clicked on the "Presets" menu and discovered "Last Used Settings". I clicked on that and it restored the printing speed to what it was before the OS upgrade.

I'm holding my breath!! :)

Meanwhile, thanks for all the help. I appreciate you guys taking the time for me! ;)

OP
H
Reaction score
So when you print you don't get similar "media & quality" and "copies & pages" etc, menus in the pull-down (up and down arrows) menu area in the middle of the print dialog?

I get "copies and pages" in the print dialog. No "media and quality", though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
Copies & Pages is a pull-down menu list. Every printer driver provides different menus, as CrimsonRequiem was trying to explain. What other menus do you find there?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.