Can I watch DVD's on my iBook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac 1gb RAM 80gb HD, Superdrive, iPod video 30gb
I was wondering wether my iBook can play/recognise DVD's or not. I have a piece of software called "mac the ripper" that can copy DVD's for people without DVD-R/RW but was wondering wether the bog standard CD-Rom drive that comes with it plays DVD's? Any help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New MACBOOK
if it is only a cd-rom, then no, but if it works with mac the ripper, then yes. Best way to find out, is go to applications, and see if you have the dvd player program in there, then stick a dvd in the drive, and open up dvd player, if it works, then you answered your question.

R

radarbob

click the apple menu, select "about this mac". When the about box comes up click on "more info..." The system profiler launches. Under "hardware", click on "ATA" Now you can see what kind of CD or DVD player you have.

OP
makwanad
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac 1gb RAM 80gb HD, Superdrive, iPod video 30gb
If I had an external hard drive I could probably save the movie files onto that from my pc then I could upload them to my mac and watch em off there.... or I could just get a new disc drive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.