Uploading GIFs from a Mac question?

Reaction score
I've been using iMovie and this website- Make a GIF, Animated GIF Maker, Free GIF Generator | MySpaceGens.com create GIFs of mine. After you upload it to that website it gives you options to download it or you can take the direct link of it and use that. I tried that and it worked great, but after a few days the GIF would disappear. After that I tried downloading it to my computer. It saved in .gif file and when you open it up it goes to preview. I uploaded the gif to a website that allows up to 20MB(20MB Free Unlimited Image Hosting < -). After that, I took the direct link and posted it. This time the gif would only go through once and not repeat itself. Does anyone know how to fix this problem so I can just post the gif with it repeating forever but not have to worry about it disappearing in a few days? Is there something you can do in preview to make it continuously repeat? Here's an example of the problem I'm having:

Any help would be greatly appreciated, TIA.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I removed your gif - it's quite large, can bog down browsers and is a tad obnoxious.

Now, one point at a time. If the service removes it from their servers, there's not much you can do. With that, you'll have to download it and upload it elsewhere.

As for looping, look at the service you're using. Odds are that they either let you set this with a simple option or don't offer it at all.

As an aside, why do you need this as an animated GIF?

OP
A
Reaction score
I removed your gif - it's quite large, can bog down browsers and is a tad obnoxious.

Now, one point at a time. If the service removes it from their servers, there's not much you can do. With that, you'll have to download it and upload it elsewhere.

As for looping, look at the service you're using. Odds are that they either let you set this with a simple option or don't offer it at all.

As an aside, why do you need this as an animated GIF?

When I upload the GIF to the first website I mentioned, so i can download it and change the speed, it does loop and works fine. The problem is when I download it, the GIF will no longer loop in preview. I can run through it once using the right arrow key, and then it stops:

vesu1z.png

And I'm just using this GIF as a test example. I make sports highlights and have recently been trying to make gifs for another forum I'm on. When i've got them to work, everyone has loved them. But sadly they disappear after a day or so.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.